Central Otago Health Services Ltd / Dunstan Hospital wish to assure you that the team are doing their upmost to meet the needs of our community and support our staff and families during this second Level 4 lockdown. We have robust plans and procedures developed in the previous lockdown which we are implementing as the situation evolves.
As in the previous Level 4 lockdown and with the increasing risk of community transmission we call upon the community to adhere to the Government Level 4 actions and respect our need for:
- Visitor Restrictions: No visitors will be able to enter the hospital except on compassionate grounds or for essential services.
- Disruption of Services – all non-essential outpatient and community visits will be postponed. Patients will be informed of alternative arrangements over the coming weeks.
- We have reduced our waiting room capacity for services like radiology/x-ray and blood tests at Dunstan Hospital to adhere to the Ministry of Health’s recommendations on social distancing. When you arrive please follow the instructions of our staff.
Please continue to seek updates from Covid19.govt.nz and contact Healthline:
- For general health advice and information call 0800 611 116 anytime
- For COVID-19 health advice call 0800 358 5453 anytime
- For COVID-19 vaccination advice call 0800 28 29 26 (8am – 8pm 7 days a week)
If we all do the right thing now this will help protect us all.
We thank you for your understanding and support.
Kathryn de Luc
Central Otago Health Services Ltd.